Thursday, July 15, 2010

Da Daily 7/15/2010

Howzit, it's a late one today. Good things happening as always. No complaints here... it's bright and sunny in Hawaii and things seem to be lining up quite nicely. Hope all is well with you and yours. It's almost lunchtime here. I saw a Red Lobster commercial last night and the very thought of it got my stomach rumbling right now, but first things first...

Con
gress
Congress passes financial reform bill. Damn thing is half the size of The Bible. Anyone read the fine print?

Financial Fuckery
JP Morgan earns $4.8B in 2nd quarter... hmmm, ya don't say? I thought them guys were TARP fund recipients. Well, free money is... free money. Especially, when your too big to fail.  

Bottoms Up
1.65 Million properties receive foreclosure filings in 1st half of 2010. I swear I heard a lot of people out there telling me the bottom was in. Really?
 
 ...and Homes lost to foreclosure, on track for 1 million in 2010. That about wraps it up for the bottom not being in.

Labor Lives
"For the week ending on July 10, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 429,000, a decrease of 29,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 458,000." This might be good news...

...but then,

Oh Ship!
the Baltic Dry Index, a measure of commodity shipping costs dropped for the 34th day in a row.

Yes, I am a bear, but I am an optimistic bear.

BP, Is It Really Over?
BP says oil is stopped as cap is tested.

World Changes (PI Typhoon Basyang and China Flooding)
"President Benigno Aquino III scolded the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) Wednesday for failing to predict that Typhoon Basyang (Conson) would lash Metro Manila." and "The Office of Civil Defense yesterday defended Pagasa administrator Prisco Nilo who was reported as having been reprimanded by President Aquino for failing to update the public on typhoon "Basyang" which directly hit Metro Manila after changing course." Whatever the case, the death toll is rising. R.I.P.

...and from the looks of things, China's getting it too.

Whoop There It Is
Whooping Cough kills 5 in Cali. When it's declared an epidemic... here's a tip for the bears. Not to profit off of death and destruction, but it is what it is. Back to supply and demand school... allow me to show you how Grindman thinks. There is no medical treatment for the Whoop but there is Infanrix-IPV+Hib, which is a combination vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough (pertussis), polio and Hib infection. Click here to see one of many companies that you can profit from at this time (I did, but this is NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE. It is just what a moke from Hawaii is doing for himself). Like I said before, it is what it is, or even better said, what is, is... R.I.P. to the 5 lost in Cali.

My Shaky Predict
I suspect an EQ arriving in a few days... maybe between tomorrow and Sunday. I know little guys happen everyday, but I'm talking 6+
 
Have a nice day.

Stay Strong and Aloha Always!

Grindman