Friday, May 21, 2010

Aloha Friday!

Aloha Friday, hmmm... there's something special about Aloha Friday's. It's the prequel to Saturday, which either means we work more or less. Either way, it's awesome ending another week and beginning the next and it usually 'feels' (at least to me) different than the rest of the days in the week because of that.

O-tay, to kick things off, Krystilez, Malu, and I had an incredible meeting over breakfast here, which brings me to my 1st entry of the day. Because our discussion was between us, I won't go into great detail, but one of the things that I can and should bring up is the self-imposed limit of fear.

Fear, as it was explained to me is, "false evidence appearing real". Although 'intelligence and/or love' should motivate us to act... it's usually 'ignorance and/or fear' that gives us that boost we need to move forward. Fear causes action.

Because I'm a finance guy, here's your good ol' tip of the day: "Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy" - Warren Buffett.

Yes, I'm a moke, and yes, I wear slippah's to business meetings, and yes, I talk pidgin', BUT... I am No fool and that quote keeps reminding me of when to act. By the way, I love what I do and if fear is what causes me to act than so be it.

Yip, it's a short post today, but I gotta buy some stuff for the young'n and make Longs a part of my day.

Aloha Friday, and I really, really, really can't wait till Monday (hint... remember the quote above).

Well, Stay Strong and Aloha Always,

Grindman